Here at Utah’s Paramedic, we offer this NAEMT course, which is the NAEMT’s Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) course, with additions for each specific job category and level for each provider. It teaches Law Enforcement, EMS practitioners, Dispatchers, EMS/FIRE Admin staff and Dispatchers, and any other level certified prehospital providers how to respond to and care for patients in a civilian tactical emergency environment during mass events, such as active shooters, extreme weather, mass casualty, and Mass Injury Incidents.
The course we present teaches the standard NAEMT three phases of tactical care that comes straight from the NAEMT Textbook, and integrates Utah BEMSP Approved EMS Training into the course, as well as Instructor specialized training from our very own Law Enforcement Instructors, as well as from our very own Military Trained Instructor. You will individulized training and lessons, not available anywhere else!
Also **Coming Soon** NEW VR Based Simulations with Virtual Reality Based Active Shooter Training! Call Now to learn more!
We will cover the NAEMT based lessons of:
- Hot Zone/Direct Threat Care that is rendered while under attack or in adverse conditions.
- Warm Zone/Indirect Threat Care that is rendered while the threat has been suppressed but may resurface at any point.
- Cold Zone/Evacuation Care that is rendered while the casualty is being evacuated from the incident site.
As well as our individulized lesson plan in addition from our own tactics instructors!
The 16-hour course includes all new patient simulations, VR Simulations (Coming soon) and covers the following topics:
- Hemorrhage control including immediate action drills for tourniquet application throughout the course;
- Complete coverage of the MARCH assessment;
- Surgical airway control and needle decompression;
- Strategies for treating wounded responders in threatening environments;
- Caring for pediatric patients;
- Techniques for dragging and carrying victims to safety; and
- Instructor Based Tactical weapon techniques
- Firearm safety in active events
- Tactical Care and Movements
- A final, mass-casualty/active shooter event simulation.
You can also purchase Tourniquet’s, Belt or Molle Tourniquet Holders, and all gear you need!
NAEMT’s TECC course is endorsed by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma, is consistent with the current guidelines established by the Committee on TECC (Co-TECC), and meets all of the updated National Tactical Emergency Medical Support Competency Domains. This course is accredited by CAPCE for 16 hours of continuing education credit, and recognized by NREMT.
NAEMT is a recognized education partner of the Co-TECC. The Co-TECC establishes guidelines for the provision of prehospital care to injured patients during a tactical incident. The Co-TECC neither creates curriculum for the prehospital provider, nor does it endorse the curriculum of other organizations.
This course is built using the NAEMT training, PLUS UPEMS specialized instruction after NAEMT course in completed. This course is built and designed by Former Law Enforcement, for Law Enforcement Officers, Dispatchers, Fire/EMS Dispatchers, and all EMS and First Responders of Any Level.
***Proof of Certification or Job Licensure or ID as proof of job title required for admittance***